A flexible and supportive Senior Environmental Consultant – EIA opportunity within a people-focused and innovative consultancy with a long-standing history of providing excellence to the Energy Development and Green infrastructure sector is now available in 2024.
The company are one of the most valued consultancies in Scotland spanning multiple offices, offering cross-team projects, project management development and established yet continuously developing business processes.
Work with clients across a broad range of sectors, including renewables, energy networks, ports and harbours, minerals, residential and commercial.
You will receive guidance and technical support with specific training and mentoring in your chosen field combined with work ownership and a generous salary and benefits package.
What will you be doing?
An opportunity to work across a broad range of Environmental Impact Assessments skills by undertaking specialist technical work, whilst working as part of a passionate and dynamic environmental team that spans our regions.
You will have experience of projects across a range of sectors and be able to liaise directly with stakeholders and colleagues of other technical disciplines to achieve the best environmental outcomes for our clients and their projects.
Join an integrated and expanding team delivering on key regional and national projects and to further develop a variety of skills and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector.
While the role would be predominantly EIA, there is the opportunity to work in other areas as required and desired.
- Support to develop new business opportunities and writing tender proposals for EIA projects across a range of sectors.
- Coordination, management and writing relevant sections of Environmental Report across a range of sectors, including the overall production of the Environmental Report.
- Direction and management of specialist sub-consultants and liaison with planners, architects, and developers.
- Client interface representative
Key Experience Required
- 5 or more year’s EIA consultancy experience,
- Project management of EIA and in compiling Environmental Statement/EIA Reports
- An undergraduate degree in Geography, Planning, Environmental Management or relevant discipline
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (AIEMA, MIEMA or PIEMA), Institution of Environmental Science or equivalent (MIEnvSc) or equivalent
- Knowledge of both terrestrial and marine EIA
- A thorough understanding of EIA legislation and the Scottish planning system
- Experience of budget and financial control of projects
- Excellent attention to detail and strong understanding of quality systems such as ISO 9001
- Excellent client liaison skills and ability to build relationships with clients, sub-consultants and regulators
- Contribution to business development and the ability to help win new EIA projects
- Full UK driving licence.
- Technical skill and experience in at least one technical discipline (e.g. air quality, noise, etc)
- Chartered status or demonstrate you are working towards this status
- Knowledge of other UK planning systems
- MSc in a relevant discipline
What’s in it for you
- Salary £45,000 DOE
- 35 hours per week
- Investment in your training and success
- Full project lifecycle work across a range of environmental disciplines
- Flexible hybrid working – Glasgow or Edinburgh
- Established benefits of working with a dynamic and growing organisation
- Generous holiday allowance
- Training allowance
- Generous company Pension contribution
- Flexible weekly working hours promoting work-life balance
- Full time / Part time considered
If you're interested in applying or would at least like to know a bit more then please apply or contact Jim Merryfield at CleanTech Talent for a confidential call.