Are you ready to join a market leading Renewable Energy Consultancy that is paving the way to the worlds transition to net zero? If so, then this is the company and role for you!
We are seeking a Senior Geology Consultant to join the growing team in Edinburgh, Glasgow, or one of the other UK offices. Whilst this is the primary location, we are open to working out of different offices on a hybrid solution.
Flexible working solutions are on offer due to periods of fieldwork around the UK.
Our client is a global business and are internationally trusted across the industry to deliver multiple complex renewable energy projects. You may be required to travel to other UK offices or internationally.
What will you be doing
You will be joining the existing team of environmental consultants, you will support, manage, and deliver committed projects and contribute to the development of the business’ offering. This is a great opportunity to support the growth of an exciting consulting business working alongside a highly experienced team.
The primary requirement is for candidates with a solid background in Geology and Peat assessments, particularly in onshore renewables, including the reporting of relevant EIA technical appendices (peat landslide hazard and risk assessment and peat management plans).
- Collaborate with wider Environmental Planning Team
- Depending on your experience and skill set, your roles and areas of focus would entail:
- Preparation of EIA report chapters (Geology, Peat, Hydrology and Hydrogeology) and technical appendices (Peat Landslide Hazard and Risk Assessment, Peat Management Plans, Borrow Pit Resource Appraisals, Carbon Balance Assessments (wind farm)) across a range of developments.
- Preparation of technical reports including geotechnical/geo-environmental appraisals, coal mining risk assessments and peatland restoration plans.
- Preparation of scopes of work and costs for input to fee proposals.
- Assisting in the preparation of hydrological/hydrogeological assessments (Private Water Supply Risk Assessment, Groundwater Dependent Terrestrial Ecosystem Risk Assessment, Flood Risk Assessment, Water Quality Monitoring).
- Managing and undertaking peat depth and condition surveys on a range of development sites (predominately onshore wind farms and transmission routes).
- Developing health & safety plans to cover field work tasks.
- Post-consent planning discharge conditions and construction phase support relating to geology/peat;
- Graphics preparation and analysis of geospatial data (mainly using GIS).
- Project management, including to budgets and deadlines.
- As the business requires, assist in delivery of other related environmental assessments, commensurate with experience and technical understanding.
- Contribution to business development appropriate to your grade and experience, including initiating and participating in client meetings, networking events, conferences, and seminars.
- Management/mentoring of junior colleagues dependent on your grade and experience.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge or experience of some or all the following:
- BSc degree level qualification or equivalent in geology, earth science, hydrology or similar.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification would be advantageous, and membership of a relevant institution (Geological Society, CIWEM or similar) working towards chartership.
- Experience managing and undertaking field surveys and assessments.
- Experience undertaking peat stability and peat management assessments.
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant UK/Scottish guidance and legislation.
- Familiar using MS Office, with excellent report writing skills.
- Familiarity and capability in using ArcGIS and/or QGIS including data collection software (Field Maps/QField or similar).
- Full UK driving licence with off-road driving experience being advantageous.
- Effective communication skills and a desire to work as part of a team and form successful trusted relationships with clients, stakeholders and team members.
- Genuine passion for supporting the drive towards net zero through high-quality work on exciting projects.
What’s in it for you
- Salary up to £45,000 depending on experience
- Pension contribution
- Generous holiday leave allowance
- One professional membership
- Private Medical Insurance
- Additional benefits can be discussed
If you don’t match all the above requirements but are interested in the above role, then please still apply and we can discuss the opportunity!
Please apply with your most up to date CV or contact Jim@cleantechtalent.co.uk
Senior Geology Consultant by CleanTech Talent in Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh Ref: 220179506 (cv-library.co.uk)