Our client is one of the most well-regarded and accredited consultancies in the UK, offering you brilliant staff retention and a wonderful place to work, leading continuous development within the ecology sector.
Join an Employee-Owned Trust (EOT) and obtain a stake in the business, where their people are at the heart of everything they do.
When people join, they thrive. Read on to understand why.
Supported by the amazing people you’ll team up with, both internal and external, they’re like-minded souls who cheer on their mates and cherish their clients. You can join the adventure and be enrolled in industry leading training.
Small enough to be part a collaborative high-performing team, whilst big enough to bring on exciting and diverse projects within
What will you be doing
You will be overseeing the technical quality of all the BNG outputs. Where you will be championing your area of expertise, staying updated with the latest trends, and sharing insights with the team, whilst playing a pivotal role in the internal training initiatives, from mentoring and collaborating with members across all UK offices.
Key responsibilities & competencies
- Top academic qualifications in ecology or biological sciences
- Excellent survey skills, including extended Phase I, protected species surveys (with at least one licence or specialism) and/or botanical survey(s)
- Experience with EIA and HRA
- Strong report writing and reviewing capabilities
- A solid grasp of the legislative and planning policy framework
- To maintain regular and open communication with our clients, ensuring we're attuned to their needs and challenges
- The ability to take the lead as a Project Director on larger projects, ensuring their timely and successful delivery
- Confidence in liaising with statutory bodies and LPAs
- To be an enthusiastic team player, always ready to pitch in and collaborate
- A commitment to the pursuit of excellence in all tasks
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A full UK driving licence
What’s in it for you
- Salary £45,000 - 55,000 DOE & Qualifications
- EOT – Employee Owned Trust
- Performance annual bonuses
- Life insurance
- Professional memberships paid
- Healthcare cash plan
- Support to CIEEM and Chartership
- Bespoke Internal and external training opportunities depending on your wants
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (plus banks)
- Enhanced stakeholder pension scheme
- A 3-day weekend, every weekend
- Fully remote or office based as you wish.
- Honest engagement
- A voice at the table
- Outstanding performance rewards
- Local events and company event
Please apply with your most up to date CV or reach out to Jim Merryfield for a confidential call.