Are you a Flood Modeller, Hydraulic Modeller or Hydrology Consultant looking for a flexible working environment where you can have a voice at the table?
Interested in unlimited annual leave?
If so, then this might just be the position for you. Take complete ownership of your hours per week, your location and your work.
A supportive and inclusive workplace, committed to providing an enriching working environment for all. Recognising the importance of mental wellbeing in the workplace and they have a trained mental health first aider on the team. Team social events are planned throughout the year providing an opportunity for staff to get together in an informal environment.
Operating a fully flexible working arrangement where employees have the choice of how, when and where they work caveated only by the requirement to fulfil our clients’ requirements and work with their team.
About the Company
Boasting over 10 years of success in the industry, our client has been built on the basis that independence adds value, knowledge, and technological innovation across the water industry.
Excelling across modelling and assessment, they support some of the most challenging projects in the UK and internationally.
Their growth and success in recent years has led to being nationally recognised for consultancy work awards.
About the Role
- This role will be integral in growing the modelling team.
- You will become a key part of the existing consulting team and be a senior figure; the successful candidate will have an enthusiasm to develop both their own and others careers in the water/ environment sector.
- Work independently and as part of a distributed team and communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with colleagues and clients alike.
- Client care is important to us as a business, and regular communication with clients is encouraged and expected so that they are involved in the project process and potential implications of what they are seeking to achieve.
- As an individual, you’ll be supported through career development and progression through having CIWEM members and exposure across all areas of the business.
- You’ll work across private sector and major infrastructure jobs with a diverse project portfolio. There are even opportunities to work internationally.
- To be successful in this role you will hold a Minimum degree(s) in Geography, Environmental Management or Engineering and have a good technical background with anything from 5 years upwards industry experience.
- Write clear, concise and technically accurate modelling reports
- Undertake hydrological analysis for model inputs using WINFAP/ReFH or other methods
- Flood Modeller, ESTRY and TuFLOW
- Develop hydraulic models from survey and check and review third part models for suitability.
- Translate complex modelling outputs to easily accessible and understandable information to support the clients desired outcomes (planning/ flood alleviation)
- Demonstrate the capacity to work as part of a distributed team and be able to work and manage time and resources effectively.
- Show a desire to grow with, and progress within the company and wider industry
Whats in it for you
- Salary £50,000 DOE
- Employer matching pension through salary sacrifice
- Health Insurance (following probation)
- Continual CPD, both internal and external and exposure to industry experts
- Remote working as standard
- Flexible time and working
- Support in your journey to chartership
Please send apply with your most up to date CV or reach out to Jim Merryfield for a confidential call.