Are you ready to join a market leading Renewable Energy Consultancy that is paving the way to the worlds transition to net zero? If so, then this is the company and role for you!
We are seeking a Consultant Ecologist to join the growing team. You can be based out of Glasgow, Edinburgh, London or Bristol for this role, however you will be required to travel to Scotland. This is a flexible/remote/hybrid working role.
Our client is a global business and are internationally trusted across on delivering multiple complex renewable energy projects. International travel may be required.
What will you be doing
You will be joining the existing ecology team of Ecologists and Environmental Planning experts to support, manage and deliver committed project and contribute to the development or their offering. You’ll join a highly experienced team supporting the continued growth.
- Undertaking ecology survey work.
- Assisting on ecology projects and providing support for ecological or ornithological elements on larger multi-disciplinary projects.
- Assisting in the delivery of EcIA and stand-alone ecological assessments.
- Ecology assessment reports and technical chapters.
- Preparing protected species licence applications
- Preparing scopes of work and costs for input to proposals
- Assisting in delivery of other related environmental assessments
- Conservation-minded ecologists with a passion for wildlife and the environment.
- A degree in ecology or a related subject and post-graduation experience in ecology
- Membership of CIEEM (Eligible for) or other body
- Experience in a range of habitat and field surveys, analysing and interpreting data and writing professional reports
- Able to carry out Preliminary Ecological Appraisals
- A good understanding of the planning process and of appropriate mitigation strategies
- Report writing skills
- Demonstrable team and independent working skills
- Be prepared to travel to different sites and to work ecology survey hours
- Full UK driving licence
What’s in it for you
- Salary up to £32,000 depending on experience
- Pension contribution
- Holiday leave allowance
- Flexible working
- Professional membership
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mentoring Scheme
- Talent Development Programme
- True Ownership and Accountability from Day One
- Staff development and mentoring
Please apply with your most up to date CV or contact Daniel Salway for a confidential call.