A company that operate on a four-day work week where work-life balance thrives. For two days, they favour in-office or on-site engagements because they believe the unscheduled, in-action moments often teach us the most.
Our client values innovation over convention; the usual route isn't always the chosen path. They care deeply and celebrate loudly. One big family always looking for the next big opportunity. Every day is a blend of meaningful work, good laughs, and honest conversations. If you thrive in this kind of setting, then you’ll fit right in.
And it’s not just about us – it's about making waves in our field and communities. They are on a mission to elevate standards across our profession and the communities they serve.
What will you be doing
You will be joining an outstanding ecology team, where you will be responsible for managing and delivering intricate projects from start to finish.
- Preliminary Ecology Appraisals
- Ecological Impact Assessments
- Habitats Regulations Assessments
- Mitigation Strategies
You should know how to plan, design, and carry out ecological surveys. We’re also looking for a leader to mentor our budding consultants and graduates.
This role is all about enabling our team to land projects they love. Forge genuine, rewarding relationships with our clients, champion their projects, and don your problem-solving hat. Because nothing beats the satisfaction of resolving clients’ challenges.
Expect diverse tasks. Dive into juicy projects, collaborate cross-discipline, and adjust on the fly to nature's whims as an ecologist. While the pace is lively, there are moments to pause and reflect. No two days are the same.
Key responsibilities & competencies
- Qualifications in ecology or biological sciences
- To be a CIEEM member working towards Chartership
- Excellent survey skills including extended Phase I/UKHabs, specialised species surveys (holding at least one licence or specialisation) and/or botanical assessments
- Excellent report writing and reviewing skills
- A developed understanding of legislative and planning policy framework
- To be proactive in your engagement with clients to make sure we’re listening to their needs and addressing their challenges
- To have experience in being accountable for steering larger projects as a Project Director, ensuring their successful completion
- Confidence in liaising with statutory bodies and LPAs
- Enthusiasm for being a team player, always ready to inspire and be inspired
- A commitment to the pursuit of excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of EIA and HRA
- A full UK driving licence
What’s in it for you
- Salary £45,000 - 55,000 (DOE & qualifications)
- 4 day working week (every week)
- Life insurance x 3
- Holidays: 21 days plus 9 public holidays (pro rata)
- Two professional memberships
- Access to mental health professionals, support & counselling year round
- Internal & external funded training
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to internal & external mentors
- Flexible working
- Hybrid Remote – 2 days in the office/onsite out of 4 days
- Flat structure
- A voice at the table
- Fair Pay Charter and transparent internal communications
- Support to CIEEM and Chartership
Please apply with your most up to date CV or reach out to Jim Merryfield for a confidential call.