We’re on the lookout for someone who can provide expert advice to valued clients about trees and development.
Here is a unique opportunity to join a disrupter. Be part of the revolution.
Ever wanted to just do things differently? Well, here is your chance.
Your new company
A 3-day weekend, every weekend.
Say that again.
Yes, a 3-day weekend, every weekend.
Our client is one of the most well-regarded accredited consultancies in the UK, offering you one of the best staff retention rates in the industry! When people join, they don’t leave. Read on to understand why.
Supported by the amazing people you’ll team up with, both internal and external, they’re like-minded souls who cheer on their mates, cherish their clients, and sprinkle goodness back into their communities. You can join the adventure.
Small enough to be part a collaborative high-performing team, whilst big enough to bring on exciting projects across ecology, arboriculture, tree management & landscape.
They value innovation over convention; the usual route isn't always the chosen path. Care deeply and celebrate loudly. Bring your voice to the table. Every day is a blend of meaningful work, good laughs, and honest conversations.
If you thrive in this kind of setting, then you’ll fit right in.
Your new role
This will be a client facing role to advise on all aspects of BS5837 consultancy and arboricultural planning.
Operating across a range of sectors from residential, commercial and renewables, infrastructure projects and estate management, you will need to navigate through data searches and arboricultural planning policy, whilst also making sure your findings and design advice get the spotlight at project team meetings.
With help and support from the wider team you will be leading on field work and the preparation of planning documents from Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Method Statements, TPO works applications and site promotion work, learning from the team as you develop your skills.
Experience using AutoCAD is welcomed and knowledge of the UK planning system as it relates to trees is essential.
What can you bring?
- BS5837 consultancy skills and experience
- An academic qualification in arboriculture or a similar environmental discipline
- Technical membership with the Arboricultural Association
- Interest in the technical side of arboriculture in the context of the UK planning system
- Enjoys building relationships with clients and networking across the industry
- Is proactive and solution-focussed, always willing to give something a go
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organisational and management skills
- Is aligned with company values
Whats in it for you
- Salary £33,00 DOE & Location
- Flexible working
- A 3-day weekend, every weekend
- Hybrid Remote - 2 days in the office/onsite out of 4 days
- Treated with respect
- A voice at the table
- Fair Pay Charter and transparent internal communications
- Life insurance x 3
- Professional memberships paid
- Year-round access to mental health professionals & remote GP services
- Pension contribution
- Internal & external mentors and training
- Support to CIEEM and Chartership
Please apply with your most up to date CV or reach out to Hannah Foss for a confidential call.